Stammering Awareness for Managers
About the workshop
This workshop aims to give an understanding of:
- The multiple daily challenges faced by employees who stammer
- The implications for both employee and employer.
The course highlights key areas of focus for employers to provide appropriate levels and types of support. It will also equip you with detailed ideas for actions and practice you can take and use in your own workplace.
Following the course, you will:
- Have an improved understanding of the different aspects of stammering and its potential impact in the workplace
- Be aware of the stigma surrounding stammering and the unconscious bias facing people who stammer
- Have identified barriers facing people who stammer in the workplace, and how these may impact on your organisation's recruitment and performance
- Have a clear insight into different types of adjustments for people who stammer, and how these can impact positively on the wider workforce.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
HR, Recruitment, Diversity & Inclusion, line and counselling managers.
DATE/PLACE AND TIME
We are currently offering this workshop in-house to different organisations and are happy to do this at a date/time/location to suit. Price on application.
HOW MANY PARTICIPANTS?
18 participants maximum.
MORE INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS?
Please contact Helen Carpenter, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8983 1003