Gift aid

You can help BSA without paying a penny extra! Please add gift aid.

BSA can reclaim tax on all donations made from UK taxable income, provided you make gift aid declaration. This effectively increases the amount of any gift you make by 25% at current rates, at no extra cost to yourself. HM Revenue and Customs have ruled that we can treat membership subscriptions in the same way.

All you need to do is tell us you are willing to let us reclaim the tax you have paid by making a gift aid declaration. You can cancel the declaration at any time by notifying us.

How to complete a gift aid declaration

If you donate online on our website, that gives you the option to add gift aid.

If you are posting in a donation: please print off this gift aid declaration (pdf file) and enclose it with your donation.

To make a gift aid declaration, you need to be a UK taxpayer and pay Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the amount of gift aid claimed on all your donations in the relevant tax year (6 April to 5 April). The charity reclaims 25p of tax on every £1 given with gift aid.

Please notify British Stammering Association if you:

  • want to cancel the declaration;
  • change your name or home address; or
  • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

Please contact us if you have any queries, either by email ( or by phone on 020 8983 1003.