The Swindon Stammering Service are running a two-day course in October for Speech and Language Therapists (SLTs) hoping to develop their skills working with young people who stammer.
Date: 17th-18th October 2019 (9:30am-4pm on both days)
The Swindon Stammering Service, in partnership with The Fluency Trust, provides residential speech and language therapy with outdoor activities for children and teenagers. They also run a two-day course for SLTs looking at:
- ideas on setting up and running groups for young people who stammer
- introducing strategies to young people who stammer
- working with parents
- outcome measures
- using Solution Focused Practice with young people and with parents
- setting up groups in your area
- discussion of the Swindon Packs. These are full of practical activities and handouts that can be used for group work or individual therapy. Swindon’s outcome measure charts are also included.
- Lunch and refreshments are included.
If you'd like to book your place, email Gaby Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the course, go to https://thefluencytrust.org.uk/training.html