Rules of the BSA Closed Facebook Group
The BSA Closed Facebook Group has been an amazing success, to a large degree thanks to everyone who has contributed to it over the past few years.
It was set up by the British Stammering Association, a charity supporting those who stammer in the United Kingdom. If you live outside the UK, we encourage and will help you, set up a group in your own country. By all means stay a member of this group, but you’ll find that sharing experiences with others from your own country will be infinitely more helpful to others local to you, and it will help start change where you are.
To take part in this group please abide by our rules. BSA volunteers proactively moderate this group. Direct any queries, complaints, suggestions and concerns about posts, or abusive messages you receive, to email@example.com
Please exercise your own judgement whilst in this group as we can’t accept liability for any of the suggestions or advice given by members. Play nicely.
1. Posts promoting a ‘cure’ for stammering or stuttering will be deleted. This group doesn’t support false hopes.
2. Be polite and respect other people’s experiences and stories.
3. Tell your story, don’t sell. Promotional posts with an intention to sell books, therapies or products will be removed.
4. Don’t troll, swear or libel.
5. Don’t give out personal details. We want you to be safe.
6. Don’t post images depicting children unless you are their parents or guardians (or have the express permission of their parents/guardians) and they are suitably clothed. It’s a sad world.
7. Off topic posts will be removed at the discretion of the moderators, variants
5th November 2018