Social networking, video conference calls and email lists.
- BSA on Facebook and Twitter - our Facebook page and also, more private, closed Facebook group have a lot of discussion of stammering issues. It's also a great way to follow BSA, with news, events, comments, links to articles and blogs.
- ‘The Young British Stammering Association Group’ (YBSA) has been set up on Facebook specifically for people aged 18-30. News item: Facebook group for young adults.
- Women who stammer (link to Facebook) - a closed group, only for women who stammer. "A supportive facebook group for Women who Stammer to chat, discuss and debate, compare and contrast all issues linked with stammering and being a Woman."
- Women who stutter: Our stories (link to Facebook) - run by Pamela Mertz who does the blog Make Room for The Stuttering (link to wordpress.com). The Facebook group includes links to Pam's podcasts. Group membership is not limited to women who stammer/stutter.
- UK Network For Parents Of Children Who Stammer (link to Facebook) - a closed group for parents.
- StutterTalk podcast (link to Facebook) - Facebook page for the www.stuttertalk.com podcasts,
- Cluttering speech (link to Facebook) - on cluttering, which is a separate disorder from stammering.
- Defence Stammering Network (link to Facebook) - for those in the British Armed Forces. There is both an open and a closed group.
- Civil Service Stammering Network - for civil servants. The Civil Service became a member of the Employers Stammering Network in Autumn 2015.
- www.stuttersocial.com - connects people who stammer through Google+ Hangouts. You can see and talk to up to 10 people at a time. You need a Google+ account. The Facebook page is www.facebook.com/stuttersocialofficial
Yahoo and Google groups
Much online discussion and mutual support has now moved over to Facebook. However some email groups that still have quite a bit of traffic are:
- Neuro-Semantics of Stuttering (link to Yahoo groups) - focussing on Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Neuro-Semantic tools. Probably the most active Yahoo group on stammering.
- Covert-S (link to Yahoo groups) - for covert people who stammer. (Covert stammering is the same as interiorised stammering.)
- People who stutter/stammer from India (link to Yahoo groups).